Friday, October 14, 2011
20 things about forest
Posted by marisa
Forest is going to be 8 months old next Thursday, the 20th. Wow! I never did the whole baby book thing. It felt like a chore to me. So I'm sure I'll be one of those people who forgets some of the milestones. But, I thought it would be fun to write a list of some of the things that are going on with him now.
Here it goes:
1. Loves bananas and sweet potatoes, like over the top love. But, does not like any food with a grainy, clumpy texture. This includes peas, carrots that I should have boiled rather than roasted, and avocado that wasn't mashed enough. He insists on being fed very fast. He hits his hand on the high-chair tray when we feed him and sometimes makes a raspberry noise with his lips. It's very cute.
2. Has 2 bottom teeth. These teeth are very sharp. Luckily he doesn't bite while he nurses, yay! He thinks it's hilarious when I nibble on his fingers.
3. Hates when I change his clothing and his face is covered. Changing him in general is starting to be more difficult since he likes to squirm and roll around on his changing table.
4. Is still not crazy about the bath. He hates it at first but then seems to slowly get into it. He discovered how to splash which I think was fun for him and messy for me.
5. Loves to smile and giggle. He has the biggest smile where his whole face lights up. His giggle sometimes turns into a high-screeched wail which in a giggle format is the cutest thing ever.
6. His favorite sounds to make are " da da da da." I've been trying to push for "ma ma ma" with no such luck.
7. Is super tickly especially under his arms, on his belly, his neck, his back, well i guess everywhere!
8. Loves to stand. Will try to stand on anything or anybody.
9. Thinks the kitties are funny. They don't think he's as funny.
10. Likes to watch mommy do a baby dance for him. He thinks this is hilarious.
11. His eyes are more of a blueish, grayish, greenish now. It's almost like the perfect combo of mine and Ethan's.
12. Gets mad at transitions. Hates to be put into his carseat or put down after being held, see #4 again, etc. But then will usually tolerate it.
13. Will not nap in his crib! I can only get him to nap in the car. Sometimes he does after nursing but not that often anymore.
14. Is very determined. If he has his eyes on something and I take him away from it, he will not give up.
15. Gets so happy seeing his daddy come home from work. (the same is true for his mommy).
16. Puts everything in his mouth.
17. Is very interested in my iphone, the remote control, the keyboard, and all electronic devices.
18. Prefers non-baby toys. Like the things listed above.
19. Likes to play outside and to just be outdoors in general. The fresh air is his friend.
20. Loves life and to experience new things. He's so curious and interested in the world. I think he's going to love to travel.
These pics were taken by jodi on our apple picking excursion.
this clearly demonstrates #8 and #16
I'm so crazy for this guy!
at 9:05 AM