Friday, December 02, 2011
Posted by marisa
My baby is over 9 months old now. Holy cow! He had his 9-month check-up this past week and it went so well. I'm so proud of him. He is Mr. Personality at the doctor's office (well pretty much everywhere). I think he really just loves interacting with people and catching your eye. I wonder if this will be how he is when he's older—more of an extrovert and the life of the party. Funny because both Ethan and I are on the shyer side.
Here are some Forest stats:
1. He's now 19lbs 6 oz and 29" long.
2. He's letting go while he stands now and balancing on his own.
3. He walks while he pushes something.
4. He has 6 teeth. His front top ones were the last ones to pop through and those were the toughest for him. Poor guy :(
5. He mostly sleeps in his crib during the night now. We did the much debated 'cry it out' method and you know what, it saved all of our sanity. I'm relieved we found something that worked for us. He still cries when we put him in his crib but we're not giving in now.
6. He's a chatter box. He still likes to say "dadada" and "mamama". But now throws in those cliché baby sounds like "gooo goo ga ga" etc. I think he may know we're mama and dada but is teasing us about it.
7. He is such a charmer! He just flirts and smiles at everyone.
8. He's still breastfed but is also obsessed with the bottle. If he sees another baby with one, he will quickly crawl over and try to snatch it away.
9. Somehow he learned how to crawl up the stairs (I caught him on the 5th step a few weeks ago!). We have to install those baby gates soon!
10. Loves food. He still gets purees but I realized he prefers to pick up food himself (see pic with peas below). So I've been playing around with giving him pieces of what I'm eating and so far he likes everything even when he didn't like it mushed up. But his favorites are still sweet potatoes and bananas.
Forest comes to work with me on Thursday afternoons.
at 4:04 PM